NEW! SAGE MAVERICK 690-4 FLY ROD : 6WT 9'0"
The Sage Maverick 6wt Fly Rod has been designed from the ground up with Konnetic Technology delivering a crisp, powerful, and finely-tuned rod that excels throwing larger smallmouth bass flies and and fishing larger streams for trout. The Maverick 6wt 9'0" has a very stiff, powerful tip generating a quick backcast for even quicker shots. Simply pick up your line and put it right back down right where you want it. This fast tip section also makes the Maverick a fun choice for steelhead or light saltwater angling. The Maverick 6wt is an excellent choice as an all-purpose rod for a variety of species and applications. The Sage Maverick excels when when streamers and bulky flies meet windy conditions and spooky fish. This versatile 6wt is perfect for making quick shots to cruising predators, and driving larger flies in the wind.
The Maverick has a design taper with a powerful tip section that drives the casting load down to more robust lower sections, making it easier to fire these quick efficient casts and helping the angler make the most of their finite opportunities. Saltwater angling is more often a game of quick shots than long casts. Dropping a fly in front of a cruising tarpon 20ft off the bow can be the difference between success and failure during a day on the flats. In fact, most saltwater fisheries put a premium on getting the fly to the target quickly. Redfish meandering about Louisiana marshes, bonefish cruising marl-covered flats, and stripers slashing at bait all require a quick cast into “the zone” for high odds at a hookup. The quicker you can lay the fly down, the better the results.
- Konnetic Technology
- Pacific Blue blank color, Charcoal primary thread wraps with Light Grey trim wraps
- Oversized Fuji ceramic stripper guides
- Oversized hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Corrosion resistant anodized aluminum reel seat in Matte Slate
- Integrated “hidden” reel seat hook keeper
- Super grade full-wells cork handle with cork/EVA fighting butt
- Black rod bag with Titanium logo and Blue model tag
- Matte Black powder coated aluminum rod tube with Sage Medallion
- Weight: 3 13/16oz
- Primary: RIO DirectCore Species Specific Saltwater Lines - All-Around: Scientific Anglers Amplitude MPX Smooth
5.00/5 Stars out of 2 Reviews
Isaac Shimek (Wisconsin) | March 2nd, 2021
This was a great rod when casting. Made it easier than other rods I have had.
Larry B Dillin (Springboro, OH) | September 23rd, 2020
Purchased the Maverick 6wt just in time for a trip to ID/MT where I knew we would be slinging hopper/dbl dipper rigs, streamers and fighting wind. The Maverick was just what I needed to fight through the challenges and drop my flies on target with great accuracy. My new favorite rod.