NEW! SAGE MAVERICK 690-4 FLY ROD OUTFIT : 6WT, 9'0"
The New Sage Maverick 690-4 Fly Rod Outfits feature the saltwater worthy Sage Maverick Fly Rod, Sage Spectrum Fly Reel, RIO's Flats Pro Direct Core Saltwater line, premium dacron backing, and a tapered saltwater leader. All Sage Maverick Fly Rod Outfits are shipped professionally rigged and ready to fish...just tie on a fly!
The Sage Maverick 6wt Fly Rod has been designed from the ground up with Konnetic Technology delivering a crisp, powerful, and finely-tuned rod that excels throwing larger smallmouth bass flies and and fishing larger streams for trout. The Maverick 6wt 9'0" has a very stiff, powerful tip generating a quick backcast for even quicker shots. Simply pick up your line and put it right back down right where you want it. This fast tip section also makes the Maverick a fun choice for steelhead or light saltwater angling. The Maverick 6wt is an excellent choice as an all-purpose rod for a variety of species and applications. The Sage Maverick excels when when streamers and bulky flies meet windy conditions and spooky fish. This versatile 6wt is perfect for making quick shots to cruising predators, and driving larger flies in the wind.
The Maverick has a design taper with a powerful tip section that drives the casting load down to more robust lower sections, making it easier to fire these quick efficient casts and helping the angler make the most of their finite opportunities. Saltwater angling is more often a game of quick shots than long casts. Dropping a fly in front of a cruising tarpon 20ft off the bow can be the difference between success and failure during a day on the flats. In fact, most saltwater fisheries put a premium on getting the fly to the target quickly. Redfish meandering about Louisiana marshes, bonefish cruising marl-covered flats, and stripers slashing at bait all require a quick cast into “the zone” for high odds at a hookup. The quicker you can lay the fly down, the better the results.
- Konnetic Technology
- Pacific Blue blank color, Charcoal primary thread wraps with Light Grey trim wraps
- Oversized Fuji ceramic stripper guides
- Oversized hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Corrosion resistant anodized aluminum reel seat in Matte Slate
- Integrated “hidden” reel seat hook keeper
- Super grade full-wells cork handle with cork/EVA fighting butt
- Black rod bag with Titanium logo and Blue model tag
- Matte Black powder coated aluminum rod tube with Sage Medallion
- Weight: 3 13/16oz
SAGE SPECTRUM 5/6 FLY REEL : 5-6WT
Modeled after the popular 4200 series, the fully machined SPECTRUM is a true large arbor performance fly reel. With concave spool surface, for optimal line capacity and drag-assisting smoothness, the SPECTRUM is lightweight, extremely durable, and packed with features you’d expect on higher priced reels.
- SCS Drag
- One Revolution Drag Knob with numbered and detented settings
- Large arbor for fast line pick-up
- Concave arbor for greater strength and capacity
- Machined and anodized aluminum ergonomic handle
- Easy conversion from left- to right-hand retrieve
- Neoprene and embroidered ballistic nylon reel case
- Fully machined 6061-T6 aerospace grade aluminum
- Cold forged and tempered for superior strength and rigidity
- Hard anodized for surface protection and corrosion resistance
- Weight: 4 1/4oz
- Diameter: 3 5/8 inch
- Width: 1 1/4 inch
- WF6 + 100yds/20lb
RIO FLATS PRO FLY LINE
RIO's flagship DirectCore Flats Pro saltwater fly line is designed for anglers hitting tropical flats in search of bonefish, permit and tarpon. The line is built on RIO's new DirectCore, a proprietary low-memory, low-stretch monofilament core that retains its stiffness in tropical heat, yet lies straight on the water without curl or retraction. The core, which has 30% less stretch than regular tropical saltwater fly lines, casts further, ensures solid strip sets, and shortens fight times.
5.00/5 Stars out of 1 Reviews
Erik (California) | February 6th, 2020
Great outfit steep price though