NEW! SAGE MAVERICK 890-4 FLY ROD : 8WT 9'0"
The New for 2020, Sage Maverick Rod has been designed from the ground up with Konnetic Technology to be fine-tuned to the demanding needs of saltwater specific applications. The Maverick 8wt 9'0" is the bonefish rod for the flats, tailored for quick-shots and hearty fights. The Maverick is the perfect tool for any angler stepping into the saltwater arena where speed is of the utmost importance.
The Maverick has a design taper with a powerful tip section that drives the casting load down to more robust lower sections, making it easier to fire these quick efficient casts and helping the angler make the most of their finite opportunities. Saltwater angling is more often a game of quick shots than long casts. Dropping a fly in front of a cruising tarpon 20ft off the bow can be the difference between success and failure during a day on the flats. In fact, most saltwater fisheries put a premium on getting the fly to the target quickly. Redfish meandering about Louisiana marshes, bonefish cruising marl-covered flats, and stripers slashing at bait all require a quick cast into “the zone” for high odds at a hookup. The quicker you can lay the fly down, the better the results.
- Konnetic Technology
- Pacific Blue blank color, Charcoal primary thread wraps with Light Grey trim wraps
- Oversized Fuji ceramic stripper guides
- Oversized hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Corrosion resistant anodized aluminum reel seat in Matte Slate
- Integrated “hidden” reel seat hook keeper
- Super grade full-wells cork handle with cork/EVA fighting butt
- Black rod bag with Titanium logo and Blue model tag
- Matte Black powder coated aluminum rod tube with Sage Medallion
- Weight: 4oz
- Primary: RIO DirectCore Species Specific Saltwater Lines - All-Around: RIO DirectCore Flats Pro
5.00/5 Stars out of 1 Reviews
Jay (Tx) | September 22nd, 2020
Slayed Red’s on this bad boy all week long. Nothing but ease the whole time.