NEW! SAGE MAVERICK 890-4 FLY ROD OUTFIT : 8WT, 9'0"
This outfit features the saltwater worthy Sage Maverick Fly Rod, Sage Spectrum Fly Reel, RIO's Flats Pro Direct Core Saltwater line, premium dacron backing, and a tapered saltwater leader. All Sage Maverick Fly Rod Outfits are shipped professionally rigged and ready to fish...just tie on a fly!
The New for 2020, Sage Maverick Rod has been designed from the ground up with Konnetic Technology to be fine-tuned to the demanding needs of saltwater specific applications. The Maverick 8wt 9'0" is the bonefish rod for the flats, tailored for quick-shots and hearty fights. The Maverick is the perfect tool for any angler stepping into the saltwater arena where speed is of the utmost importance.
The Maverick has a design taper with a powerful tip section that drives the casting load down to more robust lower sections, making it easier to fire these quick efficient casts and helping the angler make the most of their finite opportunities. Saltwater angling is more often a game of quick shots than long casts. Dropping a fly in front of a cruising tarpon 20ft off the bow can be the difference between success and failure during a day on the flats. In fact, most saltwater fisheries put a premium on getting the fly to the target quickly. Redfish meandering about Louisiana marshes, bonefish cruising marl-covered flats, and stripers slashing at bait all require a quick cast into “the zone” for high odds at a hookup. The quicker you can lay the fly down, the better the results.
- Konnetic Technology
- Pacific Blue blank color, Charcoal primary thread wraps with Light Grey trim wraps
- Oversized Fuji ceramic stripper guides
- Oversized hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Corrosion resistant anodized aluminum reel seat in Matte Slate
- Integrated “hidden” reel seat hook keeper
- Super grade full-wells cork handle with cork/EVA fighting butt
- Black rod bag with Titanium logo and Blue model tag
- Matte Black powder coated aluminum rod tube with Sage Medallion
- Weight: 4oz
SAGE SPECTRUM 7/8 FLY REEL : 7-8WT
The Sage Spectrum Fly Reel is extremely durable and lightweight, with a super-smooth, powerful drag system. This lightweight drag is a proven design with a completely sealed, carbon fiber disc drag and will put the brakes on big species like bass, steelhead, bonefish, redfish, and salmon. These lightweight reels are beautifully designed, and offer anglers a beautiful and durable Sage reel at a great price.
- Powerful, smooth, completely sealed carbon drag system
- Fully CNC machined from aeropace grade 6061 T-6 aluminum
- Large arbor design for faster line pick up
- Concave spool for greater strength and backing capacity
- Oversized, machined one revolution drag knob for easy drag adjustments
- Ergonomic, machined aluminum reel handle
- Cold forged, tempered, and hard anodized finish
- Easy conversion from left to right hand retrieve
- Neoprene, embroidered Sage ballistic nylon reel case
- Backed by the Sage Lifetime Warranty
- Weight: 6 3/8oz
- Diameter: 4”
- Width: 1 3/8”
- Capacity: WF8 200yds/20lb
RIO FLATS PRO FLY LINE
RIO's flagship DirectCore Flats Pro saltwater fly line is designed for anglers hitting tropical flats in search of bonefish, permit and tarpon. The line is built on RIO's new DirectCore, a proprietary low-memory, low-stretch monofilament core that retains its stiffness in tropical heat, yet lies straight on the water without curl or retraction. The core, which has 30% less stretch than regular tropical saltwater fly lines, casts further, ensures solid strip sets, and shortens fight times.
5.00/5 Stars out of 1 Reviews
Timothy Dooley (Colorado) | December 30th, 2020
So far so good. Waiting to leave the snow and go to the beach. I’m also looking for a 9ft11wt combo for tarpon. Any sales or promotions? Need a quality setup