NEW! SAGE PAYLOAD 1090-4 FLY ROD : 10WT 9'0"
The Sage Payload Fly Rods, feature a powerful taper designed for effortlessly throwing bulky flies to large predators in both fresh and saltwater. The Sage Payload 10wt is a perfect choice an as all-purpose saltwater rod for everything from stripers to tarpon and excels as a freshwater pike/musky rod. This versatile Sage Payload 10wt is a powerhouse rod that will pick up the entire fly line in one backcast and deliver big flies into the wind and place them exactly where intended. It will also makes easy work of picking up sinking lines and loads like a cannon to generate amazing power and distance whenever you need it.
Big fish, huge flies, windy conditions. While not always the case, these are often the situations you will face in saltwater environments when targeting large predators. With a powerful but comfortable casting action, the new Sage Payload Fly Rods are designed to help anglers cast those heavy lines and wind-resistant flies much more effectively, with less effort, helping to reduce fatigue of all day casting. Whether launching huge articulated flies to pike/musky or throwing large tarpon flies when the wind is blowing. the Sage Payload 10wt easily picks up heavy lines to make quick, long shots with just one backcast. Saltwater anglers will appreciate how easy it is to accurately punch a heavy line and bulky fly straight into the wind.
Sage Payload Fly Rods feature a very stiff, powerful fast action, delivering tight loops and higher line speeds that send bulky or weighted flies straight to their target. The stiff tip has the backbone to pick up heavy lines up off the water, while a more forgiving butt section tranfers power and feel so you don't need a fast, agressive casting stroke - like many ultra stiff broomstick rods. This slightly softer butt section also allows for added leverage while fighting fish, making it easier to gain ground on hard fighting species. The slightly shorter length allows for a more effortless and accurate cast and is ideal for casting in and around cover along the shoreline and excels from the flats skiff. The Sage Payload is guaranteed to be your go-to rod when chasing large predators.
- Tailored for casting large or wind resistant flies
- Increased pick-up of heavy line off the water
- More leverage for fighting powerful fish
- 10wt 9'0"
- Cork composite fighting butt with extended 3” rear grip on the 10+ and 11+ sizes
- Konnetic Technology
- Tannin blank color
- Burgundy primary thread wraps with Bronze trim wraps
- Tangle Free Fuji ceramic stripper guides
- Oversized hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Heavy duty aluminum up-locking reel seat to withstand rugged environments
- Super Plus full-wells cork handle
- Black ballistic rod tube with embroidered logo
- 1090-4: Line: 10+ (Grains: 370 - 420gr) - Pike flies up to 12”