NEW! SAGE PAYLOAD 1193-4 FLY ROD : 11WT 9'3"
The New 2020 Sage Payload Fly Rods, feature a powerful taper and design for chasing larger fish with big flies in fresh or saltwater conditions. The Sage Payload 11wt 9'3" is the muskie or pike fly rod of choice in this series. Chasing tarpon in the flats, the 11wt will also be able to handle the 100+ tarpon cruising the shoreline. The most powerful rod of this series, designed for big flies, big fish.
Big fish, huge flies, windy conditions. While not always the case, these are often the situations you will face in warmwater and saltwater environments when targeting large predators. With a powerful but comfortable casting action, the new Sage Payload Fly Rods are designed to help anglers cast those heavy lines and big flies more effectively, with much less effort. Whether launching a double-articulated streamer for big browns with the Payload 7wt or making long, quick shots to cruising tarpon with the Payload 11wt, anglers will appreciate how easy it is to accurately punch a heavy line and bulky fly straight into the wind.
Sage Payload Fly Rods feature a very stiff, powerful fast action, delivering tight loops and higher line speeds that send bulky or weighted flies straight to their target. The stiff tip has the backbone to pick up heavy lines up off the water, while a more forgiving butt section tranfers power and feel so you don't need a fast, agressive casting stroke - like many ultra stiff broomstick rods. This slightly softer butt section also allows for added leverage while fighting fish, making it easier to gain ground on hard fighting species. The slightly shorter length allows for a more effortless and accurate cast and is ideal for casting in and around cover along the shoreline and excels from the flats skiff. The Sage Payload is guaranteed to be your go-to rod when chasing large predators.
- Tailored for casting large or wind resistant flies
- Increased pick-up of heavy line off the water
- More leverage for fighting powerful fish
- 11wt 9'3"
- Cork composite fighting butt with extended 3” rear grip on the 10+ and 11+ sizes
- Konnetic Technology
- Tannin blank color
- Burgundy primary thread wraps with Bronze trim wraps
- Tangle Free Fuji ceramic stripper guides
- Oversized hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Heavy duty aluminum up-locking reel seat to withstand rugged environments
- Super Plus full-wells cork handle
- Black ballistic rod tube with embroidered logo
- 1193-4: Line: 11+ (Grains: 420 - 480gr) - Musky flies 12” +
5.00/5 Stars out of 1 Reviews
Ryan | June 1st, 2021
Big stick for big fish! Quality is great as expected from Sage and the rod throws cumbersome flies very well