NEW! SAGE PAYLOAD 689-4 FLY ROD OUTFIT : 6WT 8'9"
This outfit features the powerful, fast action Sage Payload Fly Rod, perfectly balanced with the Sage Spectrum C Fly Reel, loaded with the RIO Premier Outbound Short floating fly line, Dacron backing, SA Tapered Leader, and Sage divided Cordura rod tube. All Sage Payload Fly Rod Outfits are shipped professionally rigged and ready to fish...just tie on a fly!
The New 2020 Sage Payload Fly Rods feature a powerful taper and design for targeting larger predators with big flies in both fresh and saltwater conditions. The Sage Payload 6wt 8'9" is the perfect rod for targeting big browns, smallmouth bass, largemouth bass and as a light saltwater rod when the winds die down. Big fish, huge flies, windy conditions. While not always the case, these are often the situations you will face in saltwater environments when targeting large predators. With a powerful but comfortable casting action, the new Sage Payload Fly Rods are designed to help anglers cast those heavy lines and wind-resistant flies much more effectively, with less effort, helping to reduce fatigue of all day casting.
Sage Payload Fly Rods feature a very stiff, powerful fast action, delivering tight loops and higher line speeds that send bulky or weighted flies straight to their target. The stiff tip has the backbone to pick up heavy lines up off the water, while a more forgiving butt section tranfers power and feel so you don't need a fast, aggressive casting stroke - unlike many ultra stiff broomstick rods. This slightly softer butt section also allows for added leverage while fighting fish, making it easier to gain ground on hard fighting species. The slightly shorter length allows for a more effortless and accurate cast and is ideal for casting in and around cover along the shoreline and excels from the flats skiff. The Sage Payload is guaranteed to be your go-to rod when chasing large predators.
- Tailored for casting large or wind resistant flies
- Increased pick-up of heavy line off the water
- More leverage for fighting powerful fish
- Konnetic Technology
- Tannin blank color
- Burgundy primary thread wraps with Bronze trim wraps
- Tangle Free Fuji ceramic stripper guides
- Oversized hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Heavy duty aluminum up-locking reel seat to withstand rugged environments
- Super Plus full-wells cork handle
- Black ballistic rod tube with embroidered logo
- Backed by the Sage Lifetime Warranty
SAGE SPECTRUM C 5/6 FLY REEL : 5-6WT
The new Sage Spectrum C Fly Reel is attractive, durable, and powerful. Spectrum C reels feature a proven, completely sealed, carbon fiber disc drag system that is smooth and powerful, with the ability to put the brakes on big species like bass, steelhead, bonefish, and salmon. These lightweight reels are beautifully designed, and offer anglers a tough, durable Sage reel at an entry level price.
Spectrum C reels use next generation, die-cast technology followed by CNC machining to reduce weight and create a unique, attractive frame and spool. These reels are then powder coated with an advanced polymer to create a 'tough as nails' finish that resists scratches, dents, and saltwater corrosion. An oversized, machined, and anodized one-revolution drag knob makes for easy adjustments to the drag, and the fully machined, anodized, ergonomic reel handle improves grip and comfort.
These reels have a large arbor and concave spool which produces fast line pick up, while increasing strength and backing capacity. Spectrum C reels easily convert from left to right hand retrieve and include a Sage embroidered ballistic nylon reel pouch for safe storage. Sage Spectrum C reels are among the best quality to price values on the market and will provide years of flawless performance.
- Powerful, smooth, completely sealed carbon drag system
- Large arbor design for faster line pick up
- Concave spool for greater strength and backing capacity
- Oversized, machined one revolution drag knob for easy drag adjustments
- Ergonomic, machined aluminum reel handle
- Powder coated hard finish for durability and corrosion resistance
- Easy conversion from left to right-hand retrieve
- Neoprene, embroidered Sage ballistic nylon reel case
- Weight: 4 7/8oz
- Diameter: 3 5/8”
- Width: 1 5/16”
- Capacity: WF6/100yds/20lb
NEW! RIO PREMIER OUTBOUND SHORT FLY LINE FLOATING
- Front loaded to cast large flies with ease
- Designed for easy distance
- Built with RIO's exceptionally slick, durable SlickCast coating
- Multi Density Control on select sinking options
- Dualtone - Marks the sweet spot of a fly line by providing an obvious color change in the line at the sweet spot.
- EasyID- RIO’s printed line marking system that allows anglers to quickly and easily identify each line.
- Front and Back Welded Loop