NEW! SAGE PAYLOAD 789-4 FLY ROD OUTFIT : 7WT 8'9"
The New Sage Payload Fly Rod Outfits include the powerful, fast action Sage Payload Fly Rod, perfectly balanced with the Sage Spectrum C Fly Reel, loaded with the RIO Premier Outbound Short floating fly line,, Dacron backing, SA Tapered Leader, and Sage divided Cordura rod tube. All Sage Payload Fly Rod Outfits are shipped professionally rigged and ready to fish...just tie on a fly!
The New 2020 Sage Payload Fly Rods, feature a powerful taper and design for chasing larger fish with big flies in fresh or saltwater conditions. The Sage Payload 7wt 8'9" is one of our favorites weight and length for targeting bass in the rivers or lakes, or the ultralight saltwater angler for smaller bonefish, and redfish. The 7wt Payload is perfect to add a sinking line and heavy fly to target the larger fish especially if you are a river smallmouth or big brown stream junkie.
Big fish, huge flies, windy conditions. While not always the case, this rule does ring true for many warm water and saltwater fisheries with anglers casting larger flies than ever before. With a powerful and stiff fast action, the new Payload series of rods are designed to help anglers cast those heavy lines and big flies more effectively. Whether launching a double-articulated streamer to the far bank with the 689-4 or dredging the Sacramento Delta with the 989-4, anglers will notice how easily the Payload rods launch a heavy line and large flies with authority.
Featuring a fast action for casting large flies and very powerful tip to help pick up heavy lines off the water, the Payload is tuned for the extreme. These powerful mid sections then transition to a more forgiving butt that allows for a slower and more relaxed casting stroke that generates impressive power and reduces fatigue. This softer butt section also allows for more leverage while fighting fish, making it easier to gain ground on hard fighting species. The slightly shorter lengths offer more effortless power and is better for landing fish out of a boat over a traditional 9’0” rod.
- Tailored for casting large or wind resistant flies
- Increased pick-up of heavy line off the water
- More leverage for fighting powerful fish
- Konnetic Technology
- Tannin blank color
- Burgundy primary thread wraps with Bronze trim wraps
- Tangle Free Fuji ceramic stripper guides
- Oversized hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Heavy duty aluminum up-locking reel seat to withstand rugged environments
- Super Plus full-wells cork handle
- Black ballistic rod tube with embroidered logo
- Backed by the Sage Lifetime Warranty
SAGE SPECTRUM C 7/8 FLY REEL : 7-8WT
The new Sage Spectrum C Fly Reel is attractive, durable, and powerful. Spectrum C reels feature a proven, completely sealed, carbon fiber disc drag system that is smooth and powerful, with the ability to put the brakes on big species like bass, steelhead, bonefish, and salmon. These lightweight reels are beautifully designed, and offer anglers a tough, durable Sage reel at an entry level price.
Spectrum C reels use next generation, die-cast technology followed by CNC machining to reduce weight and create a unique, attractive frame and spool. These reels are then powder coated with an advanced polymer to create a 'tough as nails' finish that resists scratches, dents, and saltwater corrosion. An oversized, machined, and anodized one-revolution drag knob makes for easy adjustments to the drag, and the fully machined, anodized, ergonomic reel handle improves grip and comfort.
These reels have a large arbor and concave spool which produces fast line pick up, while increasing strength and backing capacity. Spectrum C reels easily convert from left to right hand retrieve and include a Sage embroidered ballistic nylon reel pouch for safe storage. Sage Spectrum C reels are among the best quality to price values on the market and will provide years of flawless performance.
- Powerful, smooth, completely sealed carbon drag system
- Large arbor design for faster line pick up
- Concave spool for greater strength and backing capacity
- Oversized, machined one revolution drag knob for easy drag adjustments
- Ergonomic, machined aluminum reel handle
- Powder coated hard finish for durability and corrosion resistance
- Easy conversion from left to right-hand retrieve
- Neoprene, embroidered Sage ballistic nylon reel case
NEW! RIO PREMIER OUTBOUND SHORT FLY LINE FLOATING
- Front loaded to cast large flies with ease
- Designed for easy distance
- Built with RIO's exceptionally slick, durable SlickCast coating
- Multi Density Control on select sinking options
- Dualtone - Marks the sweet spot of a fly line by providing an obvious color change in the line at the sweet spot.
- EasyID- RIO’s printed line marking system that allows anglers to quickly and easily identify each line.
- Front and Back Welded Loop