FISHPOND THUNDERHEAD CHEST PACK
The Thunderhead Chest Pack delivers a waterproof carry system created to purposefully load all of the essential gear for a day on the water, including a net holster that seats your long or short handled net perfectly. Bring along what you need, instead of what you have. While it’s a great standalone piece, it also integrates into our backpacks and can be lashed to your boat providing quick secure storage for wet rides. Built out of our trusted 1680d TPU coated recycled Cyclepond nylon, this clean chest pack is built to protect your gear from the elements.
- 1680D TPU coated recycled nylon
- Fully waterproof TIZIP zipper closure on the main compartment
- Front stretch mesh pocket with zipper closure
- Lightweight foam backpanel with integrated net slot for holding long or short handle nets. Also a D-ring for those who prefer to use a net release
- Interior organization with one zippered pocket, and one clear stash pocket for small gear
- Exterior Hypalon tabs for tool and accessory attachment
- Coated webbing pull tabs for opening TIZIP
- 1.5 inch wide double reinforced webbing shoulder straps
- Modular buckles detach from the back harness and attach to any of our compatible backpacks
- Multiple webbing adjustment points for easy fitting, and all excess webbing stows neatly behind the pack.
- Designed so that it can be worn / supported with a wading belt, or strapped to a boat with webbing pass-through on the back of chest pack.
- Front straps can be removed completely for clean and tangle free use on a wading belt or when strapped to a boat
- 5L (305 Cu. In.)
5.00/5 Stars out of 3 Reviews
O Robinson (NY) | April 22nd, 2020
This pack is exactly what I was looking for. The smaller size forces me to take only what I need instead of bringing everything I can fit in my old hip pack. Easily adjustable so you can find a spot where it isn't in the way. Clips right in to the Fishpond backpacks, which is also a nice feature if you happen to have one. Make sure to lube the zipper well, as the waterproof zippers can be tough to use sometimes. Have not had an issue with this one yet, however.
Wenbo Li (IN) | March 30th, 2020
Compare to other packs, I just prefer a convenient chest pack. It keeps me comfortable all day into the water. This fp chest pack is on a simple and good looking design. It allows me to put in 3 flybox, tippets, and any other accessorises. It is smaller than you thought, but the function is definitly enough for a full day wader trip!
Bryan Garcia (Georgia) | November 20th, 2019
Wading usually means stepping in a hole that brings me up to my chest. And if that doesn’t do it, stumbling head first in a river definitely will! Fishpond’s thunderhead chest pack is perfect for wading, because it is compact and does not get in the way yet offers ample room for the gear you need to easily reach for. It sits well on the chest and keeps everything completely dry when you decide to take a plunge! I definitely recommend this product.